Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Another Proud Moment!!!


Monday, March 31, 2008

This has been a tough month for things going south in our house. At the beginning of the month we had our fireplace fixed ($115), and I am not kidding you, 2 days later our furnace went out($400). Or fridge has been on the fritz for months, and then this past week our dishwasher broke. Seriously? Well, I got up this morning with a purpose, fix it, or buy a dishwasher with the money I have diligently been saving for a sewing machine. After having a dishwasher it is hard to live without one. So I figured the sewing machine could wait. I went by the place we go for repairs and the guy wasn't in. So I went to RC Willeys, and found a dishwasher ($398) and fridge ($1069), and I just thought I would figure it out (financially). Well, I tried the fix it guy one more time and he explained in great detail what I need to do. So I purchased the parts ($9) I needed, which included a new power cord (he threw that in for free).
You will never believe this, but after a few hours, a couple of blood blisters and maybe a little cursing, my dishwasher is fixed. It has a new water line, new power cord and the drain pipe is unclogged. I 'll let you know how the fridge goes. I am getting the part ($39) on Wednesday.
I am woMAN, hear me roar!
p.s. I am going to pick up my sewing machine on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Michael Lloyd Photography said...

Thanks for all of your hard work!
I Love You, Michael.