Sunday, August 31, 2008

Perspective

It is amazing to me how quickly your life can get put into perspective.
Last night Mike called me while I was at the grocery store and said that our patio table and umbrella had flown over and shattered all over lawn. I was sick to my stomach. I loved that table. I loved eating dinner with my family on that table. I loved sitting at the table with friends enjoying a nice evening in the backyard.
Makes me feel kind of dumb now. I just got a call from my mom and my sweet 25 year old niece had a stroke today, and is in the ICU in St. George. She is an amazing mother of two beautiful little girls and an amazing massage therapist, who loves her job. And now she is in the hospital and is paralyzed (for right now) on one side. They got her to the hospital quickly and they were able to treat her and we are praying with all of our hearts that she will recover completely.
Now back to me. Seriously a TABLE. I can eat dinner anywhere. I am so grateful for so many things. I don't want to waste time being sad or upset about stupid things. What a waste.
Here's to being grateful for every beautiful simple thing, like the memories that took place around that table. But it was just a table.

5 comments:

Moira said...

Devron....I'm so sorry to hear about your niece. Life is fragile for sure. And when something like that happens it can definitively put things into perspective.
She's in our prayers.

Moira said...

Devron..can I get your email so I can add you to my personal blog?

stephensfamily said...

Hey it's Julie Stephens!!! I got your blog from moy give me your email too so I can add you on mine. I didn't know you were expecting! Congrats. I am sorry about your niece.

Tinaya said...

Dev, I'm sorry to hear about your niece. Please tell her we are thinking of her!

Gibbs Family said...

Dev - so sorry to hear about your neice. Isn't it interesting how quickly things can be put into perspective. Love you!