Friday, May 16, 2008

Holly Homemaker




I don't know what got into me on Wednesday, but I just felt like being a fabulous little homemaker. I made my first loaves of bread. And I found this amazing recipe for Sticky Coconut Chicken and I swear it is the recipe they use for the halibut that I so love at Happy Sumo.
Well, the bread turned out great and dinner was a huge hit with my husband.

Here is the recipe for the halibut I made the other night. I obviously made it with Halibut and not chicken and I think next time I will just cook the halibut in a skillet. I found this recipe on a comment, that I found on my kitchen cafe , that I found on the blog Sister's Cafe . If you haven't checked these blogs out, you should. They have some awesome recipes.

Sticky Coconut Chicken(Tar Chicken)

6-8 boneless chicken thighs

¾ cup canned coconut milk

1 Tbsp. minced ginger

1 tsp. fresh ground pepper

1 tsp. hot chili flakes

Marinate chicken in coconut milk, ginger, pepper and chili flakes at least one hour. Grill on barbeque.

Chili glaze

¾ cup rice vinegar

½ cup sugar

3 Tbsp. soy sauce

1 tsp hot chili flakes

Bring above ingredients to a boil over high heat and cook until mixture is reduced and thickened. 8-10 minutes depending on size of pan (the deeper the liquid the longer it will take to thicken,I like to use a large frying pan so it thickens quicker. You need to watch it though because it goes from thick to burnt easily!Glaze both sides of chicken and serve.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

It's Britt from Sisters' Cafe - your bread looks great and that coconut chicken looks awesome! can't wait to try it. Beautiful flowers, by the way! (I LOVE planting flowers too)

Melanie Anne said...

I just wante dot tell you that I am so happy that you loved the couscous recipe! Thanks for leaving the comment! Your bread looks yum and I too am looking forward to trying out the coconut chicken-yum! Thanks

Brandee Lloyd said...

That was the best chicken ever. I cooked it tonight and I we loved it! Thanks for posting the recipe. Love Ya!