Saturday, May 10, 2008

Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!

For Mother's Day my sweet hubby took me shopping for hanging baskets, my obsession. Just to give you a little clue, my drip is set up for 10 and then I have an arbor made out of old fruit picking ladders, and I like to hang 3 on that. I am crazy. but it just looks so beautiful, and there is just something about them, that makes me so very happy. It is pitch dark outside right now, so I can't show you all how amazing my house looks with all of it's neww accesories. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow. I stole this picture from google, but how can you post without a picture.
I actually had such a great day. I think I suffer from seasonal depression, and when I can get my hand in the dirt and plant flowers, it is the best anti-depressant around. For me atleast. I got a truck load of gorgeous dirt today, yes, I said gorgeous dirt. I fixed up all my flower beds, and planted a bunch of flowers, and now all I want to do is sit outside and enjoy my awesome yard.
Mike and I found a patio set at k-mart last October on clearance, and it has been sitting on our patio in a box since then. So Monday I decided to put it together. Seriously, I just want to be outside.
I guess I better get to bed, because of all things I have to speak in church in the morning. That's right! Mother's Day! Either I have really pulled the wool over my Bishop's eyes, or he is hoping this will set me straight.Wish me luck. Oh, and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

5 comments:

Jen V said...

Thanks for the invite to the Zoo Friday, but I have plans with my sisters to go to Thanksgiving Point! Maybe next time.

You know I love to cook and I would rather use fresh herbs in my recipes but they are so expensive! Have you ever planted herbs? I have been thinking about starting an herb garden (probably just a window box) but I have never planted anything in my life!! Any suggestions?

By the way... Happy Mothers Day!!

Anonymous said...

Devron,
Monday was Timo and my 13th year anniversary. We made heart shaped strawberry shortcake and made the kids watch our wedding video. I got all teary when you sang to us at the end of our reception. It has been such a long time since I have heard you sing that I had forgotten what an incredible singer you are. You are amazing! Really! You could easily have made it to the final 10 on Americal Idol. If there is anyone who reads this blog and has not heard Devron seriously sing a song from beginning to end you are missing out! I think that anyone who reads this blog needs to pressure you until you post a video of you singing. If you don't I will figure out how to get my VHS tape of you and post it somewhere, (U-TUBE?) for all to see!
Thanks again for making our wedding day special!
Sara

Kamille said...

I can't wait to see your yard next month. The one other time I saw it I remember how beautiful it was. I'm sure it is even prettier now.

Gibbs Family said...

Dev - thanks for your sweet comment on my blog - I too miss you and we so need to get it together and just get together and hang out this summer. LOVE the flowers... although I'm not much of a gardner myself (hard to be one when you are married to a farmer!) But it was so good to see you at Britt's shower and we need to do it more often! love you

Brandee Lloyd said...

Hi Dev love the music on your blog it makes me smile!! I wish I was cool enough to check out your family blog!! Love ya talk to you soon.