Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quilts, quilts and more quilts!

Man how time flies! I would love to say, when you are having fun, but it doesn't really matter if you are having fun or not. And even though our life has been a little crazy, a lot of stressful and and very busy, there has been some fun had.



I have already shared my new obsession with you all, and I am happy to say it has not lost my interest yet. And amidst the many trips to and from the hospital to see my niece and all the other things that my life is so full of, I have continued to steal snippets of time to sit my butt at the sewing machine.
I finished this,

And then finished this,

I finished anther quilt top that is at this moment at the quilt shop being machine quilted, and I will hopefully have it back son so that I can get the binding done, and have my first project completed for our attempt at a homemade Christmas ( I'll explain later).

I then started a class at the quilt shop and actually learned how to piece something more than squares,

I was telling Mike about my class later that night, and I got kind of emotional telling him about my class. It was 2 hours of of pure enjoyment. I can't remember the last time I left my house just to do something for me and only me. I wasn't in charge of anything, or anyone. I didn't have to hurry home or worry about anybody but myself. I loved every minute of it. Who knew a class could be so much fun.

O.K. about the homemade Christmas. I don't know where I get these crazy ideas, but I thought it would be fun to have a totally homemade Christmas. I talked to Mike and we both thought this sounded like a fun idea. Although when I really started to think about it and try and plan a few things out, I realized I am crazy. But I made a decision and I am going to stick by it. I love to create and make things, so this will give me a good excuse to go crazy.

13 comments:

Jaimi said...

First of all, you always amaze me. Secondly, I'm exhausted just thinking about all you do in a day. Love you!

devron said...

My sweet Devron, those quilts are just beautiful!!! Way to go Girl! The one you made for Tami gets used and appreciated daily. When I was growing up (large family not a lot of money) we automatically thought of making any presants we wanted to give. It was so much more satisfing to think of the person and how much we hoped they would enjoy the gift we made, just for them. "One of a kind". Anyway...Great idea for a homemade Christmas. Love You Lots! Teresa Cramer

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Your quilts are amazing! I can't believe you made those... wait, yes I can! Super talented!!
I am so glad that you are enjoying your class! What a great way to spend time on yourself and learn new things. You of all people deserve some time to yourself! You will use the things you learn in that class for the rest of your life I'm sure.
Your homemade Christmas sounds hard, time consuming, and more rewarding than any Christmas I've heard of to date! Good luck! I know you can do it!! Way to stick to your guns. You'll have to share your great crafty and inventive ideas on the blog.
I hope Tami is doing better!
Its good to hear an update. Melanie

Robby and Christy said...

Last Christmas we had a homemade gift exchange with Robby's brothers and their families. It turned out to be really fun. We made marshmallow guns, blankets, fhe kits etc. It is a lot of work though but if anyone can do it you can

Tinaya said...

your quilts look great! You surely have been busy. We miss you tons! Can't wait to see you guys next month.

Gibbs Family said...

Dev - you rock. You always have!! I LOVE your quilts!!! There' just so much talent all wrapped up in you! And I LOVE your homemade christmas thing. I SO want to do that...(p.s. we need to get together... are you going to be around this weekend??)
Love you!
Meg

Brandon & Keia Blake said...

Hey! I just found your blog... I didn't even know that you had one!!! well you should add me to your list as well cus' I know how much you love me! haha it is
b-kblake.blogspot.com
Love you!

Kamille said...

Let me know how the homemade Christmas goes. It sounds like a great challenge.

Jessie Kae Rutledge said...

Dev those quilts are so dang cute! I need to learn how to be creative. I miss you guys, i wanna come visit you soon. I haven't seen you forever! Hope you're doing well! Love you!

Amy @ OurScoop said...

Hi Devron! I googled you! What a cute blog! And I love all your quilts! A true talent! It was good to see you last month! amy:)

Kamille said...

You Alive? I miss you. Hope all is well.

Jen V said...

I don’t know whether or not you keep tabs on our family blog – but I am going to ‘privatize’ my blog. I got a creepy stalker (eeewww!) email me at jenvietti@comcast.net if ya want to keep tabs

XOXO
Jen

Kristal said...

I love those quilts!! I have one started and they take LOADS of time!! We are doing a homeade Christmas as well...mostly out of necessity cause we're poor college students, but hey, I love the excuse to craft things up too. I think we'll be seeing you at Thangsgiving. Hope you are well. Love ya!