Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Linguini with Cream Cheese

I ran next door to borrow something from my neighbor and she sent some of this amazing salad home for Mike and I to share. Unfortunately Mike only got a bite or two, because I could not stop eating it. It is so fresh and very filling. My neighbor found this recipe in the Kraft magazine a few years ago. And if you don't already get the Kraft magazine, you should go to their website and sign up. It always has great recipes.
I promise this will be a new summer favorite.

Linguine and Cream Cheese
3 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 pkg. cream cheese, cubed
3/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. each salt and pepper
2 pkg. linguine (9oz.each)
1/2 cup pine nuts, roasted
MIX tomatoes, cream cheese, oil,basil,
vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in large
bowl; cover. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
COOK pasta as directed.Place in large bowl.
ADD tomato mixture and pine nuts to hot pasta;
toss lightly. Serves 6-8

4 comments:

Kamille said...

Oh yeah!!! I'm so behind in the blogging world. Happy baby to you. I'll cross my fingers for a girl. Not that boys are bad, it's just fun to have a little variety. Can't wait to see you Sunday.

Meesa said...

This sounds delicious! I am so sad, we are not going to be there on Sunday. I am having surgery tomorrow and it will be awhile before I am up and at em. Annie will bring the kids though, so have fun with that!!!

Casee said...

Hi Devron,

Mike told me about your blog today, so I had to come check it out. Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat at the reunion. And congrats on your impending arrival. Talk to you soon.

Casee

Kamille said...

Seriously are you pregnant or something? How long has it been since you blogged?